Why Choose River City Sitters?
I wanted to send you a quick note letting you know how much we LOVED having Carrie sit for Jack today. She and Jack hit it off right away; so much so that he didn’t even fuss when we left! When we came home, Carrie and Jack were playing together happy as can be. Jack enjoyed Carrie so much he even held her hand as we walked her to the door, and threw his arms around her for a hug goodbye!– Jill, Richmond VA
As parents, we understand the hesitation that parents feel about hiring a sitter they don’t know. We know there are many ways one can search for child care providers, but what makes us unique is that we do it all for you. We do our very best to find the perfect fit for your family. No one placement is like another. Each family is unique and we do our best to match the perfect sitter to your’ family’s individual needs. We spend a lot of time screening our families and our sitters. We strive to understand each family’s vision then match the sitter accordingly. Our sitters are professionals. They show up on time and ready to provide a fun,safe and engaging experience for your precious children. We strongly encourage parents to hire a sitter to come for a few hours when they are home to observe the way the sitter interacts with their child. We strive to make the entire experience safe and easy for you. Once a family joins River City Sitters, we are an ongoing resource for your childcare needs.
Benefits of working with us:
- We personally meet with each potential babysitter to ensure we are placing your children in good hands.
- We are a locally owned business, our children are being raised in this community and our reputation is very important to us.
- We are mothers who understand the trust needed in order to leave your children with someone.
- Our service is convenient. Clients only need to complete a sitter request on our website, then we take care of the rest!
- Our sitters are at least 18 years old (with our average age being late 20s). Our sitters are much more mature than a middle school or high school sitter. They have more life experiences which make them better prepared to handle unexpected situations.
- We only allow sitters to use their phones to communicate with parents and for emergencies; therefore, our sitters are attentive to your child’s needs at all times
- Our sitters are experienced and knowledgeable, we’ve made sure that their childcare references are top notch.
- We require three references that can verify at least 2 years of childcare experience.
- Extensive criminal background checks (including a sex offender search) has been completed on all babysitters.
- Our sitters have their driver’s license, their own transportation, and a completed a driver’s license check.
- We offer after-hours support for last minute or emergency childcare needs.